|$/day (total 2 people)*||31.07||50.25||90.92**||40.65|
*This is our cost of living (accommodation, food, entrance fees/entertainment, buses). Bike repairs, spare parts, flights are not included.
**We spent 10 days with friends staying in nicer places and eating much better food. The cost/day otherwise is similar to Laos.
Total km: 3999 km in 59 riding days (67.8 km/day average)
Longest Day: 127 km (Siem Reap to Anlong Veng). This ended up being the longest riding day of the entire year.
Shortest Day: 4.97 km (Laos – Don San to Don Det)
- Derailleur hanger was bent pretty much from the beginning. Could never find someone willing and able to fix it.
- Rear rim cracked. Only discovered after we finished.
- Three flats requiring intervention. One tire plug and extra sealant in the rear tire (twice) and the front tire (once). Numerous other flats that the tubeless sealant took care of.
- Front hub serviced once with two cracked ball bearings replaced.
- Rear hub serviced twice with cracked ball bearings. Rear wheel to be replaced.
- Rear rim also cracked. Only discovered after we finished.